1.7

I paid the bill BEFORE due date of January 26,2017. Started receiving calls from them as early as 8:01 am in the morning demanding payment.

After speaking to a supervisor and getting him straight I was given back to the customer service rep that stated for me to use an "old account number instead of the one on my card?????" and that "they have the payment and it will be credited in 2 or 3 days".But it would be a very good idea to send them a copy of the electronic payment from my account, which I did immediately after the call. After 3 days I called and asked why no credit? Was told by "Channel" that I had to send a "transmittal report" when I informed her I did she said it would have to come from the bank! At which time she gave me the same number of 866-248-8040 to fax it to that I had a few days before (I know it was the same because I stapled the copy of the receipt of fax to the original bank receipt) I then call my bank - who then transferred me to a 3rd party payer - who said the EXACT same thing the payment had been made, and our numbers, dates and acceptance numbers all matched.

I then called CITGO again and asked for a supervisor who explained that I owed $368 and that they never received the payment nor did they return it to the bank for any reason - "that is something they would never do" Next I asked what I had to do to fix this until it could be figured out and was told by the supervisor that they would remove the late charges and I would only owe them $332. I asked how that could be? I was then informed that the $34 was the interest on the non payment. I asked then since I had proof that the payment was made the interest should only be on $198 NOT the $298.

I was informed that they had already refunded the late charge but can not and would not refund the interest on the amount that I already paid that was not their policy. I canceled the card to which I was informed I could never have another CITGO card ever....like I would ever do business with such a dishonest company again.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service and billing procedures.

Comments